Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
80 calories each
- 1/2 cup(s) (packed) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) trans fat–free vegetable oil spread (60% to 70% oil)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 1/2 cup(s) quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup(s) bittersweet (62% cacao) or semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, with mixer on medium-low speed, beat sugars and vegetable spread until well blended, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Add egg, egg white, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt until mixed.
- With wooden spoon, stir in oats and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoons, 2 inches apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake cookies 12 to 13 minutes or until golden. With wide metal spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Store cooled cookies in tightly sealed containers up to 3 days.